Monday, October 1, 2012

Aug 23, 2012


Hey mom, thanks for your email :) 

So at church on sunday this girl stopped us in the hallway and said, "Hey! I saw your sister the other day!" Baha she worked at the "Malt shop" Where Chris & her friend stopped for lunch after the temple. It was so funny. I'm glad i'm not the only one who loves the manti temple so much. That really is my favorite place on earth i think. It just has a different feel than anywhere else i've ever been, including temples. 

Things here are still going great though. We're still finding like crazy. It was hard to meet with people last week cause school started but this week things should settle down. Oh! We did have a baptism this past weekend though, not sure if i mentioned that. I'll have to send you pictures next week though cause i forgot my memory card adapter today. Sorry! We've seen lots of miracles this week as well though. 

I know i've talked about fasting before but ah! I have such a testimony of it! I've been fasting once a week for the past several weeks for Heavenly Fathers help developing some personal things but also to help us be more spiritualy sensitive as a companionship and to help me teach that to Elder Larsen and Oh my goodness! What a difference. countless times this week we diverted from our plans because somewhere else just seemed like the place to be and if not there, then as a result of that we were lead to someone to talk to or a non-member. It's been quite the amazing experience. There's power in fasting.

We're gonna go change out our laundry, Love ya!

 Elder Spurlin 

No comments:

Post a Comment