Monday, October 1, 2012

Aug 13, 2012


 Things are good. It soudns like things are pretty good there. We've actually been getting some rain here too. I enjoy riding our bikes in the rain, it's alot of fun. I'm glad work is getting back to normal. It's nice for me having a normal schedule too. I'm reeeaaaalllyyy enjoying having a normal study schedule. It's nice.
   
 I'm really excited to be speaking with you in sacrament :) That's gonna be a lot of fun. there's nothing in particular i want you to speak on. I don't even know what i'm gonna speak bout yet. 

  You know i've been thinking aLOT about why guys back home don't get very excited about serving missions or don't plan to. I've thought about it my whole mission actually. It bugs me. I think i've figured a few ideas out though. Maybe somewhere down the line we'll be able to get that changed around.
  I actually don't have any idea about the "gift of Aaron". I don't know exactly what that means. I'de love to hear what you learn though.

I'm happy. Things here are great. The days are long and hot and all we do is knock doors all day till the students get back in a week but we don't care :) It's still fun. Elder Larsen isn't a whiner so we get along just fine. We were able to double the size of our teaching pool and investigators with a baptismal date this week and i think we won the respect of the stakes and a few of the High Councilmen over missionary work and ward mission leaders. Hopefully we can get them rallied up and make some great things happen in the next 2 1/2 months.
  Love ya dad,
    Elder Spurlin


Hey mom,
  Elder Larsen is doing great. He's a trooper. All we've done aaallll week was knocked doors but he hasn't complained or whined one bit. It's really fun being a district leader and trainer again. Yeah i travel inside the district to other elders areas. We go on exchanges where one companion swaps places with a companion from another area for 24 hours. It's fun and it's a great training and learning opportunity. Then i also report all the numbers from my district to the zone leaders of course.

 Thanks for sharing your experiences with prayer you've had lately. Elder Larsen and i are studying revelation through prayer and that's the subject of our district training meetings this month so that's really fitting. I really appreciated your thoughts and experiences.

Nope, we didn't get to go fishing today cause it's raining. We're gonna try to go next week though. I'll definitely send pictures.

I kinda reported on the week in dad's email so i'll let you read that. Life is good though.I can't remember a time i've ever been happier. Love ya mom,
   Elder Spurlin

No comments:

Post a Comment