Thursday, July 12, 2012

June 18, 2012


Happy Father's day dad! Hope you had a  great day :)
  Well this week has been pretty eventful. We've worked on transfers all week with President and finally got them done and the calls made today. On tuesday my new/old companion got snuck down here to our area so elder brown and i could show him the ropes before elder brown leaves on tuesday. My new comp is Elder Hawkins :) We were together like 9 months ago here in a different part of st. George. I'm so stinkin excited to be companions with him again. He's the one from australia. I'm super sad to see elder Brown go though. I don't have a better friend anywhere in the world. It's been a blast serving with him. I've never had so much fun and satisfaction in my life. It's ok though. He's only got 6 weeks left, then he goes home and comes back to BYU. I feel like after i get a job i may or may not make a trip or two out to stay with Christy for a while ha We had two baptisms this weekend, that was exciting. Then we should have atleast 1 a week for the next long while. We'll see how it goes. I'm excited for school to get back in :) If we're having this kind of success during the summer, i can't WAIT for there to actually be lots of people here. Like i said before we were in a threesome this week and we were able to teach 50 lessons (the mission average is like 16), find a few new investigators and have two baptisms. It has been by far the most productive week on my mission as far as lessons and such. Lots and lots of fun. I have no idea how to train someone to be an assistant but we'll see how it goes i reckon. I'll have to write more next week, it's super late and we're ready to go home. I love you all very very much,
           Elder Spurlin

No comments:

Post a Comment