Friday, April 27, 2012

April 9, 2012


Hey everyone,
 This week was good. Thanks for sharing about the experience you had mom. It's like we read though, whatever we ask in faith, nothing doubting we'll receive. 
  I apologize if my spelling isn't the best. I'm so tired when i look at a word i honestly can't think if it's spelled right or not. They all look funny. 
Elder Brown and I got to go do a special Zone conference with president Leonard this week for all the "Daily Dose" missionaries in the mission. They're senior couple missionaries who teach hispanics english as a way to introduce them to the gospel and refer them to regular missionaries. It was neat to be one of the only two full time elders there, with president and about 15 senior couples, having the opportunity to help train them on the doctrine of Christ. I was helping train 70 year old members of the church who have been bishops and councilors and so on, on the doctrine of Christ...! I'm only 21! What do i know?? ha whew. It was pretty neat. It becomes a whole new ball game i reckon when you add missionary work into doctrine. We helped demonstrate inviting them to learn more and how to tie in their english lessons with gospel principles, etc. I don't know it was just neat. I'm learning so much from being around president. I feel like a sponge, jst trying to soak it all up. My journal keeping suddenly changed. I'm not writing as much because i don't have the time but the things i do write each day are rich with tender experiences and lessons learned. I think looking back this is gonna be my favorite time to reflect upon.
 Oh, also, i did get my lisence stuff sent off. It'll probly take a while to get back but it all worked. There was an eye doctor who did my exam for free. Turns out i didn't need to get one after all if you read the fine print, but he gave us a referal so i think we were meant to go there even though i didnt need to.
 I love you all very very much. Thanks for your thoughts about the atonement dad. You should look up a book called "the continuous atonement"  by brad wilcox. That book changed my perspective of the atonement completely in the way you're talking about. Please please look it up if you get the chance. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment