Friday, April 27, 2012

March 5, 2012


Hey mom,
  Thank you very very very much for your email. It's so so good to hear of all the blessings you and the family are receiving. It brings me more joy than almost anything else. I've been overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude for my family, for the people in my life, for the examples and opportunities i've been blessed with for alot of things but most of all for you and dad. I love you so so much and am so so grateful for the people you are. accompanying the feelings of gratitude and love is a feeling of almost guilt because i know that i'm not worthy of even half the blessings i've received ha I don't understand why Heavenly Father would bless me so much while there are so many others who's lives would be changed if they just had even 1 or 2 of my blessings. Why me..? It doesn't make sense. I'm just a carnal sinful man. It really strengthens my resolve to do the best i can and to BE the best i can throughout my entire life. I will never be able to repay Heavenly Father anything worth repayment but i can give him the only thing he can't take. The only REAL thing i can give him that hasn't come directly from him anyways is myself. I've thanked him and promised him so many times and expressed that if he would but give me strength and guidance to resist the evil one once i'm in the world again that'd i'd give him everything i can.  MY time, my talents, my effort, my future family, everthing i possibly can to serve him. I'd do anything to uphold that covenant. That's what truly matters in this life i feel and you and dad have been amazing examples of that. I really don't think you'll ever know how much i look up to both of you (all of us kids do) and how often i refer to things that i learn from you. You are amazng individuals with SO MANY strengths that most don't have. Of course you have weaknesses but even those are a testimony to me because of the way you use them. Ether 12:27 Today is a perfect example. In both of your seperate emails you expressed the love you have for eachother. That's the greatest comfort to your children and the best example. Everything from that, to your leadership skills to your work ethic..
   Greatest of all is my gratitude that you found the gospel and accepted it. Why are we as a famiy worthy of so great a blessing..? The least we can do is try our hardest to live worthy of that blessing and i'de commit each of us to figure out how we can be better and to do it. Quit our petty little vices, study the true doctrine, put on the armor of God and be better. It's the least we can do right? Gosh i love yall :-) Sigh my heart is full.
  Anyways, things here are good. The work is progressing and things are moving along. We cover the two stakes of richfield: Richfield, and richfield east. The richfield stake incompasses all the litle surrounding towns and goes clear out about an hour away to koosharem but we don't really go out there. There's about 20 wards we cover, including a ysa college ward, a navaho dorm branch and a care center branch. Elder Richardson and I are over 7 companionships which isn't a whole lot but we have just about the biggest zone in the mission so we travel alot. We go to beaver every week which is about an hour away. Our zone encompasses a whole bunch of nothing ha There's alot of that in southern utah. It's a great place though.
  We have another baptism planned for this week and one for the week after so thank you for all of your prayers! They make all the difference in the world.
  Well we're gonna go eat lunch at a chinese buffet >:) We'll see if we can clean them out. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment